WWW VL Public Health :
Assault Prevention Information Network
Centre for Research on Violence Against Women and Children
- "to promote the development of action-oriented, community-centred
research that is based on a feminist analysis of violence against women and
children. The Centre's role is to facilitate individuals, groups and
institutions representing the diversity of the community to pursue research
questions and training opportunities related to the understanding and
prevention of abuse"
Center for the Prevention of Sexual and Domestic Violence
- "an international, private, nonprofit organization headquartered in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A. Founded in 1977 by the Rev. Marie M. Fortune, the Center is an interreligious ministry addressing issues of sexual and domestic violence. Our goal is to engage religious leaders in the task of ending abuse, and to serve as a bridge between religious and secular communities. Our emphasis is on education and prevention"
- "The Domestic Violence Section of the Metro Nashville Police Department
thinks that you should know some of the warning signs of Domestic Abuse. Look
through the section below and see if there are multiple warning signs that are
occurring in your life. Violence does not end immediately with separation since
73% of the women injured in domestic violence cases were injured after
separation. There is help and information available for you to break this
cycle of violence." - an interesting site with useful information
Domestic violence - A practical guide for physicians
Family Violence in Rural, Farm and Remote Canada
- A Project of The Canadian Farm Women's Network
National Clearinghouse on Family Violence (Canada)
- "a national resource centre for all Canadians seeking information about violence within the family and looking for new resources being used to address it. Professionals, front-line workers, researchers and community groups need to know what their colleagues and counterparts are doing across the country. By sharing the latest research findings and information on all aspects of prevention, protection and treatment, the Clearinghouse helps Canadian communities work toward the eventual elimination of all forms of family violence"
SafeNet: Domestic violence resources