Centre for the Body and Society (Deakin University)
- a comprehensive and probably commercial site on cosmetic plastic surgery
Federation of Canadian Naturists
- "The purpose of naturism is to promote wholesomeness and stability of the human body and mind. This comes most easily to those who shed the psychological and social encumbrance of clothing to see and respect the human body as created"
- "a way of working with the awareness of one's body to improve movement and enhance human functioning. Through this Method, you can increase your ease and range of motion, improve your flexibility and coordination, and rediscover your innate capacity for graceful, efficient movement. These improvements will often generalize to enhance functioning in other aspects of your life"
HealthEmotions Research Institute
- based at the University of Wisconsin, the Institute "seeks to use state-of-the-art scientific methods developed for the study of illness to study the relationship between positive emotions and health. Understanding how positive states of mind influence the body is part of the next great frontier in brain research. The results will have profound consequences for our understanding of the biology of positive emotion, our concept of health, the prevention of disease and the promotion of resilience"
Human Anatomy On-line
- an interactive and educational site on the anatomy of the human body; since it involves lots of graphics, loading time may be slow, but it's worth waiting
- an exhibition about the ever-changing images of the human body, offered by The Exploratorium Museum, San Francisco (USA)
Self-Applied Health-Enhancement Methods
- a guide to health utilizing Asian techniques of body awareness and body education
The Body and Representation
- an interdisciplinary M.A. course at the University of Reading (UK) with interesting links concerning the relations between body, technology, and society
The Visible Human Project
- creating a complete, anatomically detailed, three-dimensional representations of the male and female human body