5th International Family Nursing Conference, July 19-22, 2000, Chicago (USA)
Community Care Education Society (Canada)
- "a charitable, non-profit society, incorporated since 1981. We produce and distribute video educational resources designed to help caregivers improve their skills. Our productions are for professional caregivers and for informal caregivers - people in the community who are providing care to seniors, invalids or disabled family members"
International Council of Nurses
- "a federation of national nurses' associations (NNAs), representing nurses in more than 120 countries. Founded in 1899, ICN is the world's first and widest reaching international organisation for health professionals. Operated by nurses for nurses, ICN works to ensure quality nursing care for all, sound health policies globally, the advancement of nursing knowledge, and the presence worldwide of a respected nursing profession and a competent and satisfied nursing workforce"
Internet's Nursing Index
- a huge database of links to nursing resources on the World Wide Web
NMAP - Internet resources for Nurses, Midwives and Allied Health Professions
- "a gateway to evaluated, quality Internet resources in Nursing, Midwifery and Allied health Professions, aimed at students, researchers, academics and practitioners. A core team of information specialists and subject experts based at the University of Nottingham Greenfield Medical Library creates NMAP. It is a partnership between the Universities of Nottingham and Sheffield, and the Royal College of Nursing, with involvement from key organisations throughout the UK and further afield"
Nurse Practitioner Central
- "There is a tremendous need for readily available information by clinically practicing nurse practitioners. With increasing demands on clinicians' time rapid access to required clinical information is essential. In addition, the demand for information for and about nurse practitioners by nurse practitioners, legislators, consumers and others is increasing. In the past locating a reliable source for this information has been both difficult and time consuming. NP Central is striving to be a convenient source for this information"
Nursing Informatics Special Interest Group
- an excellent web-site compiled by Susan K Newbold, MS RNC on the relation between computer-assisted nursing and, well, nursing. There are developments happening we need to take a closer look at
- This link provides rich resources on nursing; it is well designed,
though loading may be slow as it is enriched with a number of graphics.
Public Health Nursing
- this is a section within the American Public Health Association. They
define their concept as: "Public health nursing is the practice of promoting
and protecting the health of populations using knowledge from nursing, social,
and public health sciences."
Telephone Nursing Telezine
- an electronic magazine about telephone nursing, edited and published by
Kathi Webster BSN RN (Tampa, Florida, USA); this is interesting stuff as Kathi
looks at nursing from a broad perspective
Thornbury Nursing Portal
- a very comprehensive meta-site (organized as a searchable database) offering access to resources on nursing internationally, highly recommended
University of Minnesota, School of Nursing, Public Health Nursing
- a description of a program on public health nursing including the option
of distant education
Virtual Nursing Center
WWW Virtual Library: Nursing