Asia-Pacific Migration Research Network
- the organisational structure for a project adopted by UNESCO as one of its
major regional activities under its Management of Social Transformation (MOST)
program, located at the University of Wollongong (Australia)
Center for Migration Studies
- "founded in New York in 1964, is one of the premier institutes in the United States. It is committed to facilitating the study of sociodemographic, historical, economic, political, legislative and pastoral aspects of human migration and refugee movements. Incorporated in the State of New York in 1969 as an educational non-profit institute, CMS brings an independent perspective to the interdisciplinary study of international migration and refugees without institutional constraints of government analysts and interest groups, or the profit considerations of private research firms. As one of the institutes in the United States devoted exclusively to understanding and educating the public on the causes and consequences of human mobility at both origin and destination countries, CMS performs a critical function in migration studies as it generates and facilitates the dissemination of new knowledge and the fostering of effective policies"
European Research Centre on Migration and Ethnic Relations (ERCOMER)
- "the only university-based research institute devoted to the specialist study of these topics at a European
level. It exists to bring together researchers with a special interest in these issues, to initiate new projects, to provide advanced training and to promote the dissemination of relevant information and research results. The current complement of research or research-related staff is 25, drawn from seven member states of the European Union.
ERCOMER provides a unique multi-disciplinary social science forum. The Centre is committed to the highest standards of scientific inquiry and is particularly keen to promote comparative research based on networs of research groups in different countries. The working language of the Centre is English"
Asian Research Institute for Migration (Thailand)
- located at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok, the Institute provides
databases and information on migration in South(-East) Asia
Federation of Centers for Migration Studies
- "The Federation of Centers for Migration Studies "G. B. Scalabrini"
unites the objectives and works of six centers entirely devoted to deepening
the understanding of migration in all its aspects. Distributed in major cities
in the world, like New York, Paris, Rome, São Paulo, Buenos Aires and
Manila, the centers are in an ideal position to monitor the development of
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Databases for Refugee and Immigrant Health
Scalabrini Migration Center (Philippines)
- "dedicated to encourage and facilitate the study of socio-demographic,
economic, political, psychological, historical, legislative and religious
aspects of human migration and refugee movements from and within Asia"
WWW Virtual Library: Migration and Ethnic Relations