American Telemedicine Association
Cassandra Project : Why the Year 2000 Problem Poses a Risk to the Public Health and Safety, and Continuity of Critical Infrastructure and Services
- "the year 2000 issue represents a significant threat to public health and safety, and critical infrastructure. Computer programs that utilize dates also control nuclear power plant operations, water and sewer plants, chemical factories, petroleum pipelines, and weapon systems; failure of which may lead to serious injuries or the loss of human life as well as environmental damage (Scheier et fal. 1996/1997). Any computer system that makes use of dates is potentially at risk, and that is most of them"
Center for Health Informatics, University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Centre for Health Informatics, University of Wales, Swansea
- "information systems for health care and the application of Internet/intranet and videoconferencing technologies to enable effective communication between primary and secondary care and their patients"
Federal Telemedicine Gateway (USA)
Gateway to Health Informatics for Teaching
- a joint project between Centre for Health Informatics and Multiprofessional Education (CHIME), University College London Medical School and The UK NHS, Education and Training Programme in IM&T for Clinicians (part of the Enabling People Programme)
Global Health Network Initiative
- The Global Health Network (GHNet) is an alliance of experts in health and
telecommunications who are actively developing the architecture for a health
information structure for the prevention of disease in the 21st century. The
professionals involved in GHNet bring together expertise from the essential
areas of government, international organizations, business, and academia.
Health Communication and Mass Media Links
- access to resources on health communication, social marketing, and mass media with a
strong emphasis on behavioral change
Health Informatics World Wide
- this site delivers what its title promises
Health Information for Development (HID)
- "a charitable, non-profit, non-denominational research project aimed at documenting and developing the capacity of health information resource centers throughout the world. We aim to compile a Global Directory of Health Information Resource Centers by August 2000"
- "or Health Internet Ethics, is a coalition uniting the most widely used health Internet sites supporting the highest ethical standards. Member companies are committed to earning the trust and confidence of consumers who choose to use Internet health services for improving their health and healthcare. Our common goal is to establish and comply with the highest standards for privacy, security, credibility and reliability so that consumers can realize the fullest benefits of the Internet"
IBM Global Healthcare Industry
- the future has been here since yesterday. This site gives you an idea of
global economies and their impact on health.
Making a Powerful Connection: the Health of the Public and the National
- Report of the U.S. Public Health Service, Public Health Data Policy
Coordinating Committee (July 6, 1995)
Medical Informatics, Healthcare Telematics and Telemedicine
- a project sponsored by the European Union looking into opportunities to
integrate telecommunication into public health and health care.
Primary Health Care Specialist Group
- A Special Interest Group of the British Computer Society: "The PHCSG is
concerned with all aspects of Information Technology which affect Primary Care.
It's membership includes; computer professionals, academic computer and medical
workers, general practitioners, community medical staff, nurses, health
visitors, practice administration staff, Family Health Service Authority staff,
dentists, pharmacists and opticians. At the present time there are more than a
Public domain software and electronic resources for public health
School of Health Information Science
- located at the University of Victoria (Canada)
Telemedicine Information Exchange (USA)