Second World Conference of Health Economics of the International Health Economics Association (iHEA 1999), Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 6-9 June 1999
Centre for Health Economics
- located at the University of York (United Kingdom), the Centre's main research areas are: economic evaluation of health technologies,
outcome measurement, primary care, community care, the determinants of health
Centre for Health Economics Research and Evaluation (CHERE)
- located at the University of Sydney (Australia), the Centre's work is organized around four strategic themes: development and application of methods of economic evaluation; investigation of the determinants of health and variations therein; finance, organisation and planning of health interventions; critique of economic methodology
Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis (CHEPA) - [Canada]
- "an interdisciplinary research centre based at McMaster University that is committed to producing high-quality, original, socially relevant research in health economics and health policy analysis, and to disseminating research evidence to decision makers in the health sector. Our research spans a broad range of topics including the organization, funding, and delivery of health care, the evaluation of health care programs and technologies, the measurement of health at the individual and population level, the determinants of population health, and the processes of health policy making"
Centro de Investigación en Economía y Gestión de la Salud
- located at Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (Spain)
- located at the Socioeconomic Institute, University of Zurich (Switzerland), the main research activities refer to: "the economic valuation of life and health; the physician as a supplier of medical services; hospital services and their payment; cross border care; prevention; the optimal design of health insurance contracts"
Health economics - places to go
- a good collection of resources
Health Economics Research Centre
- located at the University of Oxford (United Kingdom), the Centre is "the result of a collaboration between the Division of Public Health and
Primary Health Care and the NHS Executive Anglia and Oxford. The Centre, which was established in October 1996, is located within the
Institute of Health Sciences, Headington, Oxford"
Health Economics Research Group
- located at Brunel University (United Kingdom), the Group "aims to undertake high quality, policy relevant research and to contribute to the development of evaluation methodologies.
The current research programme has a unifying focus on economic evaluation of health technologies. Across the range of
applications run a number of common methodological issues including the nature and form of controls or comparisons, the
measurement and valuation of benefits, and the integration of cost and benefit information"
Health economics stuff
- provided by Stuart Birks, Massey University (Aotearoa - formerly known as
Health Economics WebSite
- provides a variety of links to health-related
websites on the internet. The health-related links contained at this website are grouped by country. More
specifically, this site provides links to both university departments, research organizations, government
agencies, and health associations that specialize in health economics and/or related disciplines such as
pharmacoeconomics, public health, and health services research. It is anticipated that these links may
be of interest to individuals working in academia, government, or industry. This website is maintained by
Michael A. Kortt
International Health Economics Association
Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics
- located at the University of Pennsylvania (USA) "the primary locus of the University of Pennsylvania's activities and programs in health services research, policy analysis, and education. A formal cooperative venture among Penn's schools of medicine, business, nursing, and dental medicine, LDI works to improve the health of the public through multidisciplinary studies on the medical, economic, social, and ethical issues that influence how health care is organized, financed, managed, and delivered"
Sheffield Health Economics Group
- located at the University of Sheffield (United Kingdom), the Group's "two areas of greatest research activity and strength embrace the measurement and valuation of health outcomes and the application of
health economic methodology in the context of health technology assessment"
WHO health economics resources
- this is a collection of documents prepared for the WHO Task Force on
Health Economics. The documents are saved in gopher-mode.