WWW VL Public Health :
Circle of friends
- The Circle of Friends is part of the American Paralysis Association (APA),
a non-profit organization founded in 1982 to encourage and support research to
find a cure for paralysis caused by spinal cord injury and other central
nervous system disorders.
Deaf Health Network
- "to provide information, materials, and resources related to the Deaf/Hard of Hearing and Health Care communities. DHN also seeks to create a forum for health care and social work professionals to network with other professionals and find information and resources (professional development and/or research)"
Disability Organizations Network
- "to assist organizations both of and for persons with disabilities in their search
for partner organizations for joint projects; events; sharing resource persons for
lectures; training or technical assistance; for study visits, internships or other
cooperation, including funding"
Disability-Related Sites on the Web
Disability Resource Center
- provides a number of resources on disability organizations, services and
it includes links to www-sites by disabled persons
Disability Resources on the Internet
- large collection of links to almost all aspects of disabilities
Office of Disability (USA)
VICNET Disability Page
- rich resources on the subject regarding Australia and the WWW
WHO Program for the Prevention of Blindness and Deafness