Accident Research Centre at Monash University (Australia)
- "a leading road safety and injury prevention research organisation in Australia. The mission of the Centre is to contribute to a reduction in the frequency and severity of injury by the application of a scientific multi-disciplinary approach" - this is a very comprehensive web-site with rich resources
Building Bridges Between Traffic Safety and Public Health (USA)
- "seeks to promote collaboration between public health and traffic safety
professionals to reduce the toll that motor vehicle-related injuries take upon
Electronic Highway Safety Library
- located at the Center for the Advanced Study of Public Safety and Injury Prevention, University at Albany (USA), School of Public Health: excellent resources
Injury Control Resources Information Network (USA)
- a rich list of key Internet accessible resources related to the field of
injury research and control, sponsored by the Center for Violence & Injury
Injury Prevention Program
- provided by Loyola University, Medical Center, Chicago (USA), the program is "dedicated to assisting
health care professionals, communities and organizations with assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of injury prevention strategies in an effort to reduce this public health problem. The program is committed to reducing injuries and believes a collaborative, community based effort is the best approach to this problem"
Injury prevention (USA)
- links to resources on injury prevention with a focus on the conditions in
Injury Prevention Web
- "hosts the web sites of several agencies and organizations working to prevent injuries. This site contains injury data for every U.S. state, more than 700 links to government and non-profit injury prevention sites worldwide, suggestions of books for your library, the gateway for information about scheduled NIITS sessions, and listings of jobs in the injury research and prevention field"
International Society for Child and Adolescent Injury Prevention (ISCAIP)
- "promote a significant reduction in the number and severity of injuries to children and adolescents through international collaboration. Both unintentional injury and violence will be addressed"
Monash University Accident Research Centre (Australia)
- "a leading road safety and injury prevention research organisation in Australia. The Centre's mission statement is: "Through high-standard research and independent recommendations, to challenge and support citizens, government and industry to eliminate serious health losses due to injury."
National Injury Surveillance Unit (Australia)
NHMRC - Road Accident Research Unit, University of Adelaide (Australia)
Roadwatch - The Road Accident Prevention Research Unit
- University of Western Australia: a WHO Collaborating Centre for the
Prevention of Road Traffic Accidents
SAFE KIDS (USA)
- "the first national organization dedicated solely to the prevention of unintentional childhood injury, was launched in 1988 to address what was then a little recognized problem: More children under age 14 were being killed by what people call “accidents” (motor vehicle crashes, fires and other injuries) than by any other cause"
WHO-Collaborating Centre on Community Safety Promotion
- this Centre promotes the most comprehensive approach to accident
prevention and community safety we've come across
WHO Helmet Initiative
- promotes the use of bicycle and motorcycle helmets worldwide